Causes for Hair Lossadmin2019-04-30T17:20:24+00:00
Causes for Hair Loss
MEN Perhaps the one thing that men fear most is losing their hair. A natural, full head of hair gives men confidence and displays their masculinity. Most people normally shed 50 to 100 hairs a day. This usually doesn’t cause noticeable thinning of scalp hair because new hair is growing in at the same time. Hair loss occurs when this cycle of hair growth and shedding is disrupted, or when the hair follicle is destroyed and replaced with scar tissue.
WOMEN For a woman, her hair is a symbol of youth, health and sex appeal. We know that when you lose your hair, for whatever the reason, you lose a great deal of self-confidence. That is why we are committed to helping women, just like you, restore the look and feel of natural, healthy hair. Because of our 20 years experienced as non-surgical hair restoration experts, we can can determine your best course of treatment.
We have many options available for both men and women and will design a solution that is hand to tailor to meet your needs and exceed your expectations.
The exact cause of hair loss is still not fully understood, but it’s usually related to one or more of the following factors:
Family history (heredity)
Pattern baldness (alopecia)
Sudden weight loss or gain
Family history (heredity)
The most common cause of hair loss, especially in men, is a hereditary condition called pattern baldness. It usually occurs gradually and in predictable patterns — a receding hairline and bald spots. Many times it is called “Male Pattern Baldness” because it occurs in most men in a pattern, like the chart to the right.
Heredity also affects the age at which you begin to lose hair, the rate of hair loss and the extent of baldness. Pattern baldness is most common in men and can begin as early as puberty. This type of hair loss may involve both hair thinning and miniaturization (hair becomes soft, fine and short).
Hormonal changes and medical conditions
A variety of conditions can cause hair loss, including:
• Hormonal changes. Hormonal changes and imbalances can cause temporary hair loss. Hormone levels are affected by the thyroid gland, so thyroid problems may cause hair loss.
• Scalp infections. Infections, such as ringworm, can invade the hair and skin of your scalp, leading to scaly patches and hair loss. Once infections are treated, hair generally grows back.
• Alopecia Areata: An autoimmune disorder that causes the body to form antibodies against some hair follicles. It causes “patchy” hair loss, often in small circular areas in different areas of the scalp.
• Other skin disorders. Diseases that cause scarring alopecia may result in permanent loss at the scarred areas. These conditions include lichen planus, some types of lupus and sarcoidosis.
Hair loss can be caused by drugs used for cancer, arthritis, depression, heart problems, high blood pressure. Intake of too much vitamin A may cause hair loss as well.
Hair loss can also result from:
• Radiation therapy to the head. The hair may not grow back the same as it was before.
• A trigger event. Many people experience a general thinning of hair several months after a physical or emotional shock. This type of hair loss is temporary. Examples of trigger events include sudden or excessive weight loss, a high fever, surgery, or a death in the family.
• Certain hairstyles and treatments. Excessive hairstyling or hairstyles that pull your hair tight, such as pigtails or cornrows, can cause traction alopecia. Hot oil hair treatments and permanents can cause inflammation of hair follicles that leads to hair loss. If scarring occurs, hair loss could be permanent.
• Trichotillomania: Is an obsessive compulsive disease which causes the sufferer to compulsively pull out their own hair.
What to Do
The best route, especially in the advanced stages of hair loss, is to regain a thick, full head of hair again with hair replacement system. Topical treatments such as Propecia and Rogaine are not effective, and surgical hair transplanting requires a sufficient amount of healthy hair follicles in order to be effective. For many, this is not an option as there is simply not enough healthy hair left to provide the density that they need for a full, attractive head of hair. And, it is very expensive.
By contrast, a well designed and custom fit hair system provides a realistic and natural looking solution without invasive surgery. Our systems are state of the art and customized according to your individual preferences and lifestyle for a completely undetectable appearance. This is especially true when you just want to cover a bald area or thinning hair.
The systems we use are designed and fitted just for your balding or thinning hair area and is then carefully integrated with your existing hair. The result is a look and feel that makes you look years younger and gives you back your confidence. Learn more about our Hair Loss Solutions.
Don’t give up your youthful appearance. You can have the hair you want without the wait. Call us today. We will be happy to listen about your hair and scalp situation and to discuss options which will best meet your needs. If you believe hair systems are expensive, don’t look natural, or require a lot of maintenance…you’re in for a big surprise!
Hair Replacements by George Gordiany offers non-surgical hair replacement options for those experiencing hair losses due to many conditions.